Thursday, October 5, 2017

All I Need Is Five Minutes


You shouldn't underestimate the power of simple pleasures. After a calm lunch by myself (there's nothing wrong with eating alone! You need to learn how to be at ease with yourself, eat out alone at a restaurant or at college from time to time), I sat near the lake and finished listening to my podcast. The water was calm, the sun's reflections danced on the surface, a little breeze lifted the hem of my dress and the temperature was perfect. It was an ideal afternoon.

I'm so happy I allowed myself to take those 15 minutes. Sometimes, I stress myself out thinking I don't have enough time to accomplish the tasks I need to do. Not checking my emails or Instagram for a couple of minutes, taking 10 deep breaths, meditating for five minutes or closing my eyes and laying on the grass is all I need to feel rested and be able to rebound back. Who doesn't have five minutes to give themselves?! (The title of this post is referencing the song by the band Her, which I was able to see live at the Halles in Paris this summer!)

Il ne faut pas sous estimer le pouvoir d'un petit bonheur simple. Après un déjeuner tranquille passé seule (il n'y a rien de mal ni de gênant à manger seul! Il faut apprendre à être à l'aise avec soi-même, s'autoriser à manger seul dans un restaurant ou à l'université de temps en temps), je me suis assise au bord du lac pour finir l'écoute de mon podcast. L'eau était calme, les reflets du soleil dansaient sur l'eau, une petite brise soulevait les pans de ma robe et la température était parfaite. C'était un cadre idyllique. 

Je suis tellement heureuse de m'être autorisée à prendre un petit quart d'heure rien que pour moi. Parfois, je me crée du stress, pensant que je n'ai pas assez de temps pour accomplir toutes mes tâches. Ne pas vérifier mes mails ou Instagram pendant quelques minutes, prendre dix longues inspirations, méditer pendant cinq minutes ou fermer les yeux allongée dans l'herbe, est tout ce dont j'ai besoin pour me sentir reposée et prête à rebondir. Qui n'a pas cinq minutes à s'octroyer?! (Le titre de cet article est un petit clin d'œil à la chanson de Her, un groupe que j'ai pu voir en live aux Halles cet été!)






French vintage work jacket, Land's End sweatshirt, H&M jeans, Standfor shoes*, Target sunglasses, Swatch watch

photos: FARYAL

3 comments:

  1. I love that jacket, the colour is gorgeous! xx

    Valentina from psminimalist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jacket is stunning!
    xoxo

    www.sorananistor.com

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will check out your blog.

You want to chat? Email me at petite.maison.of.fashion@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...