Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Do One Thing a Day That Scares You


From time to time, I think of the quote: "do one thing a day that scares you." There's rarely something that scares me everyday; but yesterday for example, I didn't have the choice. In Italian class, I had to explain the past subjunctive in front of all the students. Needless to say that my cheeks were flushed, scared that I would be wrong or draw a blank, or as Italians would say, essere fuori come un balcone. What scares me is leaving to study abroad for a year. The problem is less living abroad than being separated from my friends for a year! Do you have any tips to convince me that'll be the least of my concerns? Do you live far away from your friends and family?

De temps en temps, je pense à l'adage: "chaque jour, essaie de faire une chose qui te fait peur". Il n'y a rarement quelque chose qui me fasse peur au quotidien; mais hier par exemple, je n'ai pas eu le choix. En cours d'italien, j'ai dû expliquer la formation du subjonctif passé devant tous les étudiants. Inutile de vous dire que j'avais les joues en feu, de peur d'avoir tort ou un trou de mémoire, ou, comme on dit en italien, "essere fuori come un balcone". Ce qui me fait peur, c'est de partir étudier à l'étranger pendant un an. Le problème n'est pas tant de vivre à l'étranger que d'être séparée de mes amis pendant un an! Avez-vous des conseils pour m'y préparer et me convaincre que ça sera le dernier de mes soucis? Vivez-vous loin de vos proches ou amis?




Loft sweater, GAP pants, Marshalls bag, Target sunglasses, Atelier Chaussures shoes, JORD watch*, Revlon lipstick

photos: FARYAL

6 comments:

  1. I love the colour combination, pink and white look incredible together! Lovely post xx

    Valentina from https://psminimalist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living abroad is definitly worth it. At first I was afraid too, but when I was in Spain I never felt alone and I had so much fun there that I didn´t missed my family and friends that much. And the time passed by soo fast!
    xx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah. I can't wait to go abroad. I just had a meeting with my academic advisor and fleshed everything out!

      Delete
  3. great blog.you look awesome.
    http://aplusdigitizing.com/

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will check out your blog.

You want to chat? Email me at petite.maison.of.fashion@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...