Friday, January 24, 2014

Adjusting to White Teeth Teens

Forever 21 sweater, Lands End Canvas shirt, H&M jeans, E.L.F nail polish, handmade and eBay rings, It by Alexa Chung book



You may have noticed here that I got my braces off. I'm still adjusting, smiling all the time and making sure everyone has noticed. Flashing a grin the second I see someone is a way to make someone else's day. Miki pointed out how perfect Lorde's song was for this occasion. I don't know what she's doing in this live version. It seems like she's spazing out every couple of seconds, but she has an amazing voice.

Getting your braces comes with pros and cons. I have normal and straight teeth now. However, I have Invisalign, which I jokingly call "dentures". I feel like an old woman who takes her teeth out before she eats (in the most flattering way possible)... Truly though, getting my braces off has been one of my most beautiful and most waited for gifts of all my life!

Vous avez peut-être remarqué ici que je ne porte plus d'appareil dentaire. Je suis toujours en train de me faire à l'idée, de sourire tout le temps et puis m'assurer que tout le monde a bien remarqué. Sourire rend toujours de bonne humeur. Miki m'a dit que la chanson de Lorde était parfaite pour l'occasion. Je ne sais pas ce qu'elle fabrique dans cette version en direct. On dirait qu'elle a des spasmes toutes les secondes, mais elle a quand même une très belle voix.

J'apprécie de ne plus avoir d'appareil dentaire, même si c'est un peu pénible . J'ai de belles dents normales. Par contre, je dois porter un Invisalign (un appareil en plastique transparent), que j'ai commencé à appeler mon "dentier". J'ai l'impression d'être une petite grand-mère qui sort ses dents avant de manger (de la façon la plus séduisante possible)... Ne plus avoir d'appareil dentaire est un des plus beaux cadeaux de ma vie et certainement celui qui a été attendu avec le plus d'impatience. 


11 comments:

  1. Wow!! There are many changes on your blog :) J'adore :D Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. So now, I can write one on yours :) I really like your look today , and of course the nail colors :) Take care 'n I'll see you later :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, we decided to change the look of the blog for a more practical and winter theme. Hope you like it!

      ~Emma

      Delete
  2. Lovely weekend and once again congratulation, it must feel great to have a perfect smile now, enjoy it and keep smiling.
    Dusana :-)

    www.letnedni.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babe, trust me, I know what you're talking about! I had braces on for 8 - EIGHT - years. When they took them of, I almost cried. And then I got the 'dentures';) which I wore religiously and stopped after 3 years. I was so pissed with them, I threw them away and then, about 5 years later, my teeth started moving again so I went to the orthodontist and got dentures again. I'm wearing them right now.:) So don't throw yours away in case you might need them later, because now that you have perfect teeth, you'll immediately notice any difference if they start to move. Sorry for the long comment, but my teeth drama scared me for life.:D

    Happy weekend!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute ! :)



    http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    Nice pics, and nice look ! :D

    Sarah, http://sarahmodee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute photos, love the cardigan !!!
    xoxo

    www.mychoicebysorana.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pics!
    Super cool outfit
    http://heyhadrien.blogspot.com/2014/01/saturday-night.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Alexa Chung book is heaven!
    Great outfit as well.
    - Janine from janinemaral.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Encore une fois....j'adore ce gilet!!!Ton p'tit haut est super cute!! :)
    xx
    Jade

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will check out your blog.

You want to chat? Email me at petite.maison.of.fashion@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...