Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Put A Smile on Your Face #10

Photo:
Alexander Wang's new SS14 campaign, photographed in what seems to be a public school bathroom. This article's humor asks the question of what exactly is the point of this campaign? You can't even see the clothes, just white shoes peeking from under the stall door.

Cet article parle avec humour de la campagne publicitaire d'Alexander Wang, probablement photographiée dans les toilettes d'un lycée. Grâce à l'article, on se demande quel est le message des pubs. On ne peut même pas voir les vêtements. On aperçoit seulement les chaussures blanches sous les portes.

Product/ produit:
This earring (yes, because there's only one) is beautiful. It reminds me of the in style Turkish eye, the one people mistake for the evil eye. Sadly, this piece of jewelry is too expensive to ask for as a birthday present. For the moment, I'll muse over it since all the chic bloggers wear it to fashion week.

Cette boucle d'oreille (oui, parce qu'il n'y en a qu'une) est magnifique. Elle me rappelle le fameux œil de la Turquie que les gens confondent avec l'œil maléfique. Malheureusement, ce bijou est trop cher pour le demander en cadeau d'anniversaire. Pour le moment, je ne peux que le contempler porté par les maintes bloggeuses chic pendant la semaine de la mode.

Event/ fait:
I'm going to start the 100 Happy Days challenge. I had found a similar idea on Pinterest. You had to write on a little slip of paper something that made you happy each day for a year. At the end of the 365 days, you'd spend a great afternoon opening the jar and rereading each memory. Since I'm lacking small pieces of paper and a big enough jar, I'm trying the electronic version here. I invite all of you to try this healthy challenge with me!

Je vais commencer le défi des 100 jours heureux. J'avais trouvé une idée semblable sur Pinterest. Il fallait écrire sur un bout de papier quelque chose qui nous rendait heureux chaque jour pendant un an. À la fin des 365 jours, on ouvrirait la boîte et relirait tout pour passer un bon moment. Faute de temps pour couper des morceaux de papier et trouver une boîte, je vais essayer une version électronique ici. Je vous invite à relever ce défi moral avec moi!


** Don't forget to vote for us here under the category of: Best Teen Style Blogger (Under 18). Thank you!
N'oubliez pas de voter pour nous ici dans la catégorie de "Best Teen Style Blogger (Under 18)". Merci!! **

~Emma

21 comments:

  1. nice picture ;)
    very nice blog by the way :)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet
    RUSSIAN DOLL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty post and picture, love your sunnie. ;-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post and nice pic dear :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list of things to smile about :) x

    www.thesequincinderella.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! Had fun reading it! Pop in to my blog sometime, if you like :)


    M xx
    loislennon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that campaign! I thought it was pretty grungy looking -- and his mesh shirt has been all over the blogs! Cool picture by the way!

    Audrey
    www.lululinden.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post made me smile, and laugh out loud about Alexander Wang Campaign. I mean, no offense,but there's so many fabulous pieces on the runway. why those?..I don't get the ad..LoL!! And yes, I love your 100 Happy Days Challenge. Wish you have a full happy jar :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. have fun with your 100 happy days challenge!

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pardon my French, but FUCK. €385?! For ONE earring?!?!:D That's either very pretentious of them or really really REALLY funny. I'm going with funny, that price is hilarious.:D Anyhow, yeah, what's the point of that AW campaign?! They just made that one sweater really popular and now everybody's wearing it. But I love the idea. And the sweater. I guess I'm a victim of their evil scheme too.:)

    P.S.: Gorgeous picture!!!

    P.P.S.: And one more thing.:) I nominated your blog for those Misguided awards. I have a bunch of email addresses so you'll get a few nominations from me. Cheerio now!;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's wonderful Peet. Thank you for the nominations.
      I guess it's better to laugh at the price too even though it's ridiculous!

      Delete
  10. Hi Emma! I just opened all the links you gave so I'll be doing some reading :) The challenge you came up with is awesome!! I'm going to join you, I only need to find a nice jar.

    xx
    Tali
    www.RockMyHeels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining me and I hope you enjoy your reading! Happy weekend Tali!

      Delete
  11. Really like the idea of the happy challenge. Good luck!

    Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, for your lovely words on my blog. ;-)
    Happy easter days...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post! I myself was thinking about starting the 100 Happy Days Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous photo!
    Thanks for the lovely comment!
    www.stylecastle.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post and a stunning photo! Good luck with the challenge.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post!!!
    Have a good week!! and my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the idea of the 100 Day Challenge. Great lighting in that photo!
    Cheers,
    L A
    .Ravishing-Ruby.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  18. this one earring trend is quite interesting (:



    xxx Anna
    A Tale of Two Shoes

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will check out your blog.

You want to chat? Email me at petite.maison.of.fashion@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...