Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Goodbye (snow)


Alright everyone, let's get a little celebration going because this is the last post I am doing with snow in it (amen). So here goes my last winter post!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy :) 



Goodbye by Glenn Morrison (love this song)





SPRING SPRING SPRING GOODBYE SNOW SPRING SPRING SPRING HELLO FLOWERS AND SUNSHINE AND DRESSES! 




Jeans: Levis
Boots: L.L.Bean 
Button up: Gap
Sweater: Ralph Lauren
Vest: Nordstrom (don't know which brand...)
Sunglasses: Tommy Hilfiger



Do I dare mention how long this winter was? All New Englanders will agree with me that it was painful. I never thought February could seem longer. I guess the shortest months move the slowest. But now it's April!!! 
Semi Fun Fact: every spring my neighbors lawn becomes covered in crocuses (small purple flowers, always the first to bloom around here) and it looks like a purple carpet you just want to lie down in and sleep like a princess surrounded by purple velvet. 



It honestly feels like a blessing to have all this snow disappear. I have waited long long weeks for the sun to peak out from behind the gray clouds. Now don't get me wrong, I love winter...that is for the first month, then it gets cold. Like many people I have seasonal depression which means during the winter (or when I get a lack of sunlight for a long period of time) I get unhappy and stressed. Stress leads to frustration, sleepless nights, and bad skin (ugh). The way I attempt to solve this problem is a special lamp called a "Happy Light." It's seriously a light that makes jokes to make you laugh and like tickles you so you become happy. No just kidding - actually a "Happy Lamp" lets off light rays similar to the sun giving your body the illusion that it is outside under the sun. I am not fully sure how it works from a biological sense but I know it works fairly well. The only thing is it is a commitment - 1 to 2 hours in front of it a day, and I'm not so good at that. Anyway I guess the other side to all of that is that when spring finally comes I am extra happy. It can be only 50 degrees out and I seriously will go tan. No joke. The other day it was 53 degrees with no wind and a clear sky and I lay on my porch in shorts and a sports bra reading for 2 hours....it was amazing. Thank god you're here spring I missed you. 




drive safely my darlings

~Miki

17 comments:

  1. sympa le pull avec empiècement et le bracelet aussi, joli look, chez nous le soleil est déjà là les après midi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layering, everything fit together so well! (And the elbow patches on your sweater...so cute)

    Xoxo
    Camille

    jamncookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post and photos! You look so cute!

    http://www.MARTASFASHIONDIARY.com/


    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, love your last winter outfit!!!

    http://www.comercialmoyano.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these colors together and that sweater paired with the shirt!

    xx
    a possible fantasy
    -----
    if you follow me via bloglovin', please let me know so i can follow back. thank you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so classy in this outfit :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Thank you so much I will follow you now and add a comment :)

    ~Miki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear,
    Amazing boots, love it and love your sweater!
    I just found your blog and it's great,
    Follow you right now, hope you can follow me back :)
    xx
    http://2minutosblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your stack of bracelets

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looove the boots!! The whole outfit is is amazing! Love your style!

    http://www.itsmeines.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Les photos sont très jolies et très naturelles je trouve!!J'aime beaucoup la tenue, ces touches de marrons me plaisent beaucoup!!!
    xx, Jade

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will check out your blog.

You want to chat? Email me at petite.maison.of.fashion@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...