Sunday, March 23, 2014

Drenched in Black & White

Pimkie vest, H&M pants, Rosebud tee, Vans sneakers, Meg Erickson bag, Swatch watch, Target bracelets, Walmart necklace, Modcloth and H&M rings
This place where plastic tubes wrap around the museum always fascinated me when I was little. We have the impression that the Centre Pompidou is a foreign location because of its alien-like aspect. From two blocks away, you can distinguish its green, blue, red and orange tubes. Standing near the Hôtel de Ville, or anywhere that's relatively close, the piercing colors surrounded by stone from the 3e arrondissement buildings shock the eye. I wouldn't say that this museum is nice to look at (unlike the Galleria fashion museum with its intricate sculptures). However, it's intriguing and pays tribute to the contemporary art with the same color pallet as the building's exterior.

Ce lieu aux tubes transparents qui entortillent le musée m'a toujours fasciné depuis que je suis petite. On a l'impression que le Centre Pompidou est un lieu étranger à cause de son air un peu extraterrestre! Depuis deux pâtées de maisons, on aperçoit les tubes verts, bleus, rouges et orange. Depuis l'Hôtel de Ville ou n'importe quel endroit assez proche, les couleurs pétantes choquent et contrastent avec la pierre de taille des immeubles du 3ème arrondissement. Je ne dirais pas que ce musée est beau (comme le musée Galleria de la Mode) mais il intrigue et rend hommage à tout l'art contemporain en utilisant les mêmes tons vifs pour son extérieur.









(photos: PAUL & ME)
~Emma

4 comments:

  1. These are some amazing pictures! Nice post!
    Also, if it's not too much to ask, could you please check out my blog? I just started it and I would greatly appreciate it!

    -Abby
    
www.thesightofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful pictures, love this location. *__*
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Les photos en noir/blanc ont un certain charme, j'adore paaaariiis, j'y vais bientôt!!!Très joli look!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this black and white series, that first shot is phenomenal!!! I'm also intrigued by and drawn towards contemporary art and especially how it relates to architecture and space design. I probably prefer it to 'old school' art. I mean classical art forms, Baroque and Romanticism and stuff.:) I'm sure you know what I mean.:D

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will check out your blog.

You want to chat? Email me at petite.maison.of.fashion@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...