Thursday, August 10, 2017

Digital Detox



I'm back from a week in the Alps without WiFi or data. Usually, I'd stay two weeks but I couldn't this year because of my fashion internship. Each time my family goes there for vacation, I disconnect completely. You might have noticed that there were blog posts (the joys of organization and automated publishing), but nothing on Instagram or Facebook. It's essential for me to have a week or two without technology. I'll hike with my family, read (a lot), do some yoga etc. Listening to your body, occupying your days by doing something other than surfing on your phone and refocusing on what's essential are things we don't do enough. A couple of months ago, I spent 24 hours without technology during the school year. I was able to complete the challenge with ease and am tempted to integrate it into my routine once every month. Do you do a digital detox every now and then?

Je reviens d’une semaine dans les Alpes, sans WiFi ni réseau. Normalement, j’y reste deux semaines, mais cette année, je ne pouvais pas y aller si tôt à cause de mon stage de mode. Chaque fois que ma famille y va, je déconnecte complètement. Vous avez peut-être remarqué qu’il y avait des articles de blog (les joies de l’organisation et des calendriers de publications), mais rien sur Instagram ni Facebook. C’est essentiel pour moi d’avoir une semaine, ou deux, sans technologie. Je fais des randonnées avec ma famille, je lis (beaucoup), je fais du yoga etc. Écouter son corps, s’occuper autrement qu’avec son téléphone et se recentrer sur ce qui est essentiel sont des choses que nous ne faisons pas assez. Il y a quelques mois, j’avais passé 24 heures sans technologie en pleine année scolaire. J’avais relevé le challenge haut la main et serais tenté d’intégrer cette pratique une fois tous les mois. Faites-vous une digital détox de temps en temps?




Lands End pants, Urban Outfitters shirt, Marshalls shoes, Target sunglasses

 photos: PAUL 
~Emma


13 comments:

  1. I think it's really good to sometimes log out and spend time away from social media and the internet. We often focus more on our digital lives than the real ones so it's good to remind ourselves what actually matters. These photos are amazing, love your outfit xx

    Valentina from https://psminimalist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think the same, Valentina. How often do you log out?

      Delete
  2. Time off social media is really essential and good for you. Wonderful look and great looking place to visit. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't think that i'm in need of a digital detox because i think that i'm already very conscious of my use of technologies. for example i leave my smartphone mute most of the time so i don't need to immediately react to notifications when they arrive on my smartphone. i use many social networks but i don't spend my whole day there. when i went to italy and paris some time ago i mostly only used my phone to take some pictures but the rest of the time it stayed in my bag because there was so much to discover and my phone would have disturbed me in my new experiences.

    x
    dahi
    http://www.strangeness-and-charms.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I try to use time blocks for my phone but I'm very frequently on my computer for work and school! It was nice to be able to read for pleasure, be outside etc!

      Delete
  4. Only the most beautiful dresses shillas uk wedding dresses reviews are thought for a perfect beauty like you!Let us buy sexy dresses shillas ball gown reviews for great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds so good to be offline for a short time!
    xx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just took a little digital detox as well -- sometimes it's the perfect reset button!! Glad you're back! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice especially before September. Thanks Layne for reading!

      Delete
  7. C'est vrai qu'il est super important de se déconnecter. J'avoue ne pas l'avoir fait depuis longtemps, en général quand je pars en voyage je vais beaucoup moins utiliser mon téléphone, mais jamais totalement...

    PS j'adore ce look, et ton petit panier est trop mignon !


    Catherine
    www.fashionardenter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oui c'est sur que le cadre de la montagne est plus facile pour se déconnecter qu'un autre lieu. N'empêche, se déconnecter ne serait-ce que quelques heures par jour est déjà bien!

      Delete

I read every comment and will check out your blog.

You want to chat? Email me at petite.maison.of.fashion@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...