Thursday, September 10, 2015

Back to School: My Workspace + Plans for the Year


Happy Back to School! I've never been more impatient to start the school year. There are big changes in my life that are coming up: college applications and going to college, working as a French tutor and new things on the blog! Yes, I have myriad projects planned for you guys, my lovely readers! New year, new start. I have so many ideas but what should you expect?

A new "brand"
I want to make Petite Maison of Fashion more useful. Not only do I want to share my outfits with you all but I want to be able to help you. I want to give you more advice, like how to wear denim on denim, how to master the art of smoothies or how to make a delicious salad. I want to talk about fashion news, share my favorite NYFW and PFW shows etc.

Collaborations with bloggers (YOU)
Quite a number of you liked my guest post with Ana a couple weeks ago. I find that guest posting is a great way to discover different bloggers and styles than mine. Fashion is a community and I want to build one here, on the blog.

More videos
My Youtube account has been quite uneventful lately. Yes, I have a "how to stack rings and necklaces" video but there should be more. A handful of videos is not sufficient :) Because filming and editing takes a lot of time for me, videos will still be rare but more frequent than now!

A newsletter (!!)
This is what I am the most excited about. I cannot wait to show you the Petite Maison of Fashion newsletter. Every two weeks, to start, you will receive an email filled with happiness. The newsletter will replace a better version of the "Put a Smile on Your Face" posts. You will find fun recipes, pin-able quotes to liven up your Pinterest boards, contests etc. Each month, the winning outfit of a fashion contest will be featured in the newsletter. To participate, you will simply have to post an outfit, either on Instagram with a special hashtag or on your blog, and send me the link so I can pick a winner. What was I saying about building a community?



---

Joyeuse rentrée! Je n'ai jamais été aussi impatiente de commencer l'année scolaire. Il y a de grands changements qui s'annoncent dans ma vie: présenter ma candidature à l'université, être acceptée, travailler comme tuteur de français et puis des nouveautés pour le blog! Et oui, je prépare beaucoup de projets en ce moment pour vous, mes lectrices! Nouvelle année, nouvelle approche. J'ai tellement d'idées en tête mais à quoi s'attendre?


Une nouvelle "marque"

Je veux que Petite Maison of Fashion vous soit plus utile. Non seulement je veux partager mes looks du jour avec vous, mais je veux aussi pouvoir vous aider. Je veux vous donner plus de conseils, comme comment porter du jean de la tête aux piedsfaire un bon smoothie ou faire une salade délicieuse. Je veux parler plus d'actualités, partager mes défilés favoris de NYFW et PFW etc.


Des collaborations entre blogueuses (VOUS)

Vous avez été nombreuses à aimer mon article avec Ana il y a quelques semaines. Je trouve que c'est un moyen sympa de vous faire découvrir d'autres blogueuses et d'autres styles que le mien. La mode est une communauté et je veux vraiment en créer une ici, sur le blog.


Plus de vidéos

Mon compte Youtube est assez calme en ce moment. Oui j'ai une vidéo pour montrer comment porter plusieurs bagues et colliers, mais je veux vous apporter plus. Quelques vidéos ne suffisent pas :) Puisque pour moi, filmer et éditer une vidéo prend beaucoup de temps, je pense qu'elles seront toujours assez rares mais plus fréquentes qu'en ce moment!


Une newsletter (!!)

Et oui, voici ce dont je suis la plus fière. J'ai hâte de vous montrer la newsletter de Petite Maison of Fashion. Pour commencer, toutes les deux semaines, vous recevrez un email rempli de bonheur. La newsletter va remplacer une version améliorée de mes articles "Put A Smile on Your Face." Vous y trouverez des recettes sympa, des citations que vous pourrez poster sur Pinterest, des concours entre vous etc. Chaque mois, le look gagnant d'un concours de style sera publié dans la newsletter. Pour participer, il faudra simplement poster un look, soit sur Instagram avec un hashtag spécial ou sur votre blog, et m'envoyer le lien pour que je choisisse la gagnante. Qu'est-ce que je disais à propos d'une communauté? 



Back To School, plans, ideas, resolutions for my fashion and lifestyle blog

Back To School, plans, ideas, resolutions for my fashion and lifestyle blog

Back To School, plans, ideas, resolutions for my fashion and lifestyle blog

Back To School, plans, ideas, resolutions for my fashion and lifestyle blog
Back To School, plans, ideas, resolutions for my fashion and lifestyle blog

Back To School, plans, ideas, resolutions for my fashion and lifestyle blog
Who is excited for all of these fun projects? Anyways, that was all to say that I can't wait to spend another year with you! 

What are your projects, personal or not, for this year?


Qui a hâte de découvrir tous ces projets?

Bref, tout ça pour vous dire combien j'ai hâte de passer encore une année avec vous! Qu'avez-vous comme projets pour l'année, personnels ou pas?

Back To School, plans, ideas, resolutions for my fashion and lifestyle blog
photos: ME
~Emma

14 comments:

  1. These projects all sound so exciting! I think guest blogging is such a great idea and I've been meaning to include it on my blog to but I procrastinate a lot, so. I wish you all the best! <3

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you're as excited for these projects as I am. Let's guest post on each other's blogs!

      Delete
  2. nice one dear
    new post:http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/09/straps-stripes-overall-skirt.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your workplace...good luck with your projects honey !
    xoxo

    www.sorananistor.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to see all of this! Just signed up for the newsletter! The start of a new school year is so stressful but it's also so exciting - there's so many new opportunities!!

    xx Fiona

    Kafkaesque?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for signing up - let me know what you think of the newsletter!

      Delete
  5. Quelle bonne idée - moi aussi je suis bilingue et j’adore trouver des blogs aux deux langues. I've signed up for your newsletter too - see you over on #blogpassionproject :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the workspace. Your photo's make it seem crisp and clean.
    Cynthia @craftoflaughter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the YouTube channel goal! I would like to start my own but I'm so nervous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! I'd suggest planning possible videos before launching your channel. That's something I should have done.

      Delete

I read every comment and will check out your blog.

You want to chat? Email me at petite.maison.of.fashion@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...