Sunday, March 13, 2016

5 Questions with ~ Tania

Interview with a fashion blogger , style questions

Meet Tania, from the blog Fresh Fizzle. Read her interview below.


Do you remember this series? If you missed the first interview in this series, read it here.



Je vous présente Tania, du blog Fresh Fizzle. Lisez sont interview ci-dessous. 

Souvenez-vous de la série? Si vous avez raté la première interview dans la série, lisez-la ici


1) I remember begging my mom for a pink pair of pants at a local department store.  They weren't actually bejeweled but had a print of jewels and pearls on them.  I think they were Oshkosh B'Gosh.  I didn't end up getting them but for some reason the memory of wanting them so badly stuck with me.  We didn't have a lot of money growing up.  My mom was a seamstress and she would sew me clothes from leftover fabrics she had from her jobs.  So I would have different pieces of clothing in the same weird fabrics.  I also had a lot of hand-me-downs from my three older brothers.  So, it was a pretty sad childhood, fashion-wise.

1) Je me souviens d’avoir réclamé à ma mère un pantalon rose aux imprimés de bijoux et de sequins, de la marque Oshkosh B’Gosh. Elle ne me l'a pas acheté, mais je me souviens très bien de l'avoir convoité bien longtemps après. À l'époque, nous n’avions pas beaucoup d’argent. Ma mère était couturière, donc elle arrivait à me créer des vêtements en utilisant des chutes de tissus qu’elle rapportait de son travail. J’avais beaucoup d'habits à tissus bizarres. Mes trois grands frères me donnaient aussi leurs vêtements trop petits. Question mode, mon enfance était assez triste.

Interview with a fashion blogger , style questions

2) While I like athleisure a lot, I could never really get on board with "normcore."  I definitely have my blah days when I don't want to put any effort into my outfit, and that's where athleisure comes in, but purposely picking an outfit made up of boring pieces is counter-intuitive to me.  I tried out a few looks back when the trend was really big but never ended up shooting them for my blog because I felt they were too basic.  It was overtly trendy yet didn't communicate anything.  I also felt like it wasn't really in line with my aesthetic.  I don't think that the way I dress is super special or anything, but I do hope to convey some semblance of individuality through my clothing choices.

3) I have a two-year-old niece who is a very special little princess.  She is very adamant about what she wants to wear most days and I love that she has such a strong perspective even though I secretly cringe inside at some of her outfit choices.  She's all about clashing prints, pink and purple, layering a dress over some pants, throwing on a tutu and some rainboots or even mismatched shoes.  But she just does her, you know?  And you can tell by how she acts when she wears one of her more outlandish outfits that they make her feel like a million bucks.  I think we could all stand to throw our caution to the wind a bit, to not give a thought to what other people might think about what we are wearing, and just wear whatever makes our hearts happy.


2) En ce moment, j'aime beaucoup le style sport, mais je ne pourrais jamais aimer le style “normcore.” Évidemment, il y a des jours où je ne veux pas faire un effort vestimentaire. Ces jours-là, je porte des vêtements sportifs, mais je ne ferais pas exprès de m’habiller “normcore". J’avais déjà essayé cette mode, mais je me sentais toujours trop décontractée pour mettre les photos sur mon blog. Je trouve aussi que la mode “normcore” ne correspond pas à mon style. Ce qui compte c'est de m'habiller comme bon me semble et d'être fidèle à moi-même.

3) J’ai une nièce de deux ans qui se comporte comme une petite princesse. Elle est très têtue en ce qui concerne ses choix vestimentaires intéressants! Elle adore porter différents imprimés, du violet et du rose dans la même tenue, une robe avec un pantalon ou mettre des bottes de pluie avec un tutu. C’est son style et elle l'assume. Elle est aux anges quand elle porte une de ses tenues excentriques. Je pense que nous pouvons tous en tirer une leçon. On ne devrait pas ce soucier de ce que les autres personnes pensent de nous, mais simplement mettre ou faire ce qui nous fait plaisir. 

Interview with a fashion blogger , style questions

4) To tell you the truth I never pay much attention to Fashion Week and I find myself kind of wanting to avoid social media when it's going on.  It's not that I don't appreciate fashion as an art form but most of it is a bit too abstract for me.  I'm much more interested in how trends are translated onto the streets and what real people around the world are wearing.  But I guess if I could pick any Fashion Week to attend, it would probably be Paris.  It's always cool to know what the French are doing.

5) I haven't been out of the country in a while, but my last domestic trip was to Chicago which I did a couple of posts on on my blog.  I'll be going to Iceland this summer which has been on my bucket list for a while, so super excited about that!


4) À vrai dire, je ne fais pas très attention à la Fashion Week. J’évite aussi les réseaux sociaux pendant cette période. J’aime la mode en tant qu’art, mais NYFW ou PFW sont trop abstraites pour moi. Je suis beaucoup plus intéressée par les modes qui envahissent les rues que ce qui se passe sur les podiums. Si je devais aller à une Fashion Week, j’irais à celle de Paris. Je suis toujours curieuse de voir ce que les Français font. 

5) Je n’ai pas voyagé à l'étranger depuis un petit bout de temps. Mon dernier voyage remonte à celui de Chicago. J’ai écrit quelques articles à propos de mon séjour. J’ai hâte d’aller en Iceland cet été. Ça faisait longtemps que je voulais y aller.

Interview with a fashion blogger , style questions

~Emma

2 comments:

  1. Great interview dear , love her style !
    xoxo

    www.sorananistor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feature, Emma! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will check out your blog.

You want to chat? Email me at petite.maison.of.fashion@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...