Saturday, August 27, 2016

Lifestyle: "Slow Living"

Adopt the Slow Living Lifestyle: the concept of carpe diem


I recently read an article about "slow living" which made me do some thinking. I'll be moving into my college dorm in a couple of days, leaving my friends, family and the comfort of my own home behind. In my new agenda, I immediately started planning hang outs with friends and some time with my family. I realized that instead of planning everything out, I should take my time and appreciate my life as well as time spent with my friends and family.

The concept of "slow living" is simple: if you don't do it today, you can take care of it tomorrow. Of course, there are certain exceptions. However, for your day-to-day life, it's easy to make some adjustments and start "slow living."



Récemment, j'ai lu un article sur le concept du "slow living" (vivre lentement) qui m'a bien fait réfléchir. Dans quelques jours, je vais déménager à l'université, quitter ma famille, mes amis et mon confort quotidien. Dans mon nouvel agenda, j'ai tout de suite commencé à planifier mes dernières sorties et visites avec mes amis. Je me suis rendue compte qu'au lieu de tout programmer, je devrais plutôt prendre mon temps et apprécier ma vie, les moments passés avec ma famille et mes amis.

Le concept du "slow living" est simple: si cela ne se fait pas aujourd'hui, cela se fera demain. Bien sûr, il y a des exceptions. En revanche, pour la vie quotidienne, il est tout à fait possible d'adopter les techniques du "slow living".




Adopt the Slow Living Lifestyle: the concept of carpe diem

This first "slow living" article is about habits. My first instinct, when I learned how little time I had left, was to organize all my days and not forget anyone in the process. Yes, I had a lovely week filled with friends and unforgettable memories but I was beyond exhausted by the end of it and needed some alone time. It's important to have some free days, not plan anything and choose to do things spontaneously. By doing this, I was more present with my friends. Living in the moment is the antidote to burnout and facilitates creativity. Carpe Diem: live in the moment and take your time.


** Your first #PMOFslowlifechallenge: don't fill up your agenda. Take time to read magazines, watch a show, cook etc.


Check back in a week for the second #PMOFslowlifechallengeUse the #PMOFslowlifechallenge on Instagram so I can see your progress and what you're up to!

What do you think?



Ce premier article "slow living" est consacré à nos activités quotidiennes. D'instinct, quand j'ai compris le peu de temps qu'il me restait, j'ai été tentée de tout organiser pour n'oublier personne. Oui, j'ai eu une semaine chargée de bonheur et d'amis et de souvenirs inoubliables, mais j'ai fini épuisée, ayant cruellement besoin de temps pour décompresser. Il est important de garder des jours libres,  de ne rien faire, rien planifier et laissez place à la spontanéité. En suivant ce conseil, je suis devenue plus présente avec mes amis. Vivre dans le moment évite le "burnout" et favorise la créativité. Carpe diem: savourez chaque instant et prenez votre temps. 



** Votre premier #PMOFslowlifechallenge: essayez de ne pas trop remplir votre agenda. Gardez du temps libre pour lire des magazines, regarder une série, cuisiner etc.

Rendez-vous dans une semaine pour le deuxième défi #PMOFslowlifechallengeUtilisez #PMOFslowlifechallenge sur Instagram pour que je puisse voir votre progrès et ce que vous faites!

Qu'en pensez-vous?

Adopt the Slow Living Lifestyle: the concept of carpe diem
photos: PAUL
~Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and will check out your blog.

You want to chat? Email me at petite.maison.of.fashion@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...