Wednesday, May 14, 2014

DIY Bleached Converse

I was talking to you about the projects I was able to realize thanks to Pinterest. Here's what I am most proud of: my "new" Converse. They were navy blue before they became light pink (see picture below). Follow the instructions below to transform your shoes if you want something new! 

Je vous parlais de quelques projets que j'ai pu réaliser grâce à Pinterest. Voici ce dont je suis la plus fière: mes "nouvelles" Converse. Elles étaient bleues marines avant de devenir vieux rose (photo ci-dessous). Suivez les instructions en bas pour embellir vos chaussures si vous voulez du neuf!



* It took me about a two days from start to finish (when the shoes were dry) *
* Ça m'a pris à peu près deux jours du début jusqu'a la fin (quand les chaussures étaient sèches) *

- Wash your shoes
- Fill a basin of warm water so it covers your shoes
- Poor the desired quantity of bleach into the basin and swish it around. The more you add, the lighter your shoes will get (I emptied out the bottle since there wasn't much left).
- Let them soak and check on them every hour or so until you are satisfied with the color.

- Nettoyez vos chaussures
- Remplissez une bassine d'eau chaude jusqu'à ce qu'elle recouvre vos chaussures
- Versez la quantité d'eau de Javel désirée et mélangez l'eau pour bien faire absorber. Plus vous mettez de l'eau de Javel, plus claires deviendront vos chaussures (j'ai fini la bouteille car il n'en restait pas beaucoup).
- Laissez-les tremper et vérifiez toutes les heures jusqu'à ce que vous soyez satisfaite.


- Let your shoes dry outside. With time, the color will fade or change completely. The picture above shows my wet shoes. Notice the difference between that and the finished product.

- Faites sécher au soleil vos chaussures. Avec le temps, la couleur s'estompera, voire changera carrément. La photo au-dessus montre mes baskets mouillées. Constatez la différence entre ceci et le résultat final.


~Emma

10 comments:

  1. très sympa si on veut changer de couleurs, mais comment savoir quelle couleur ça va donner après??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez! That's an amazing and beautiful outcome!! Love what you did, looks brilliant.
    kisses girls
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cool! So they started out navy, then turned pink? Bleach is am amazing thing!

    Audrey
    www.lululinden.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip. Thank you for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow.. such a great idea!

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your 'new' pink Convers look great, babe, I love a good DIY.:D I actually painted my shoes a different color once, from white to orange, but I've never bleached any. I might now, you gave a few ideas. I could even make patterns!! Yup, I just LOVE a good DIY.:)

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will check out your blog.

You want to chat? Email me at petite.maison.of.fashion@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...